HovaBator Genesis 1588 Advanced Egg Incubator Combo Kit
Hobabator Genesis 1588 has been updated for 2012 and beyond. New features have been added to this old standard workhorse to bring it into the 21st century.
Hovabator Genesis: Changes Made
- The power cord has been moved to the corner of the top. Not a big deal, but it keeps it a little more out of the way.
- Digital control center has been added that displays both temperature and humidity. It can now be set as low as 80 degrees for reptiles. It comes pre-set for chickens.
- Soft air fan technology provides needed oxygen and refreshes air without forcing air directly on eggs.
- Comes with plastic liner bottom to help with the cleanup
- This model includes the 1611 egg turner, which is highly recommended to get consistent hatches. Turns the eggs 6 times a day and holds 41 chicken sized eggs. Easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- Includes 12v dc power converter with both 110v and 220/240v, so you can use it internationally.
The hovabator Genesis has been the classroom standard for many years. I went over a few of the drawbacks to this model in Hova-bator Genesis original review , so I will not go over them again here. Many of the drawbacks have been addressed in this model. It is still made of Styrofoam, and so I still worry about how long it will last. However it works like a charm, especially with the egg turner option that is included with this package. I give this model an overall rating of 5 stars
It still does not have as much visibility as I would like, but many of the problems have been addressed in this model vs the older 1588